Friday, February 24, 2006

This one goes out to Markie Mark and the Funky Bunch

so i figure i had this coming, but i cant help but point out the fact that once you think things are ohhh sooo rough in your own life something happens to jolt you (or me as this example applies to) back to the fact that your life is really good. my reality check was this morning when i got to touch bases with one of my favorite old friends from my former company...my favorite parrot head, Mark. when you ask how things are going you expect certain answers, we are programmed too. Fine, great, so so, etc...thats what you expect when you say "how are things?". you dont expect to hear that your buddies dad died from a painful terminal illness that took his life far too early, or to hear that directly following that a line of other tradgedy-ish bullshit follwed far too close in it's wake...then you realize life happens to everyone. even kick ass guys that seem to have it all together. its funny, it took me right back to the summer my dad died and for a second that pain was so fresh and close to me again, but it also reminded me how far i have come in the last years and thanks to markie mark and the funky bunch it gave me a second to really look at the shit i flap my jaws about and realize my life is good, fuck its great! the little shit is exactly that...LITTLE. unless family is dropping dead, houses are burning down with children inside, or you are in the intensive care unit fighting for your life, or someone you loves, the other shit is do-able. man bills come and go, but its sure easy to get wrapped up in them and the bullshit that goes along with the day to day! the work shit, the home shit, the other shit...but its all do-able. thank you mark for reminding me of that...hats off my friend, i hope you and yours can move thru this stuff with as little damage to your heart and your psyche as possible, now stop reading my damn blog before you find any real embarrassing info on me.

1 Comments:

At 2/28/2006 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you truely are the best person i know . i look up to you more than you will ever know . you have made me a better man , I LOVE YOU !!!!!

R.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home