Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dear Bad Economy....

Dearest Economy,

I am hoping this day finds you well and in good spirits. I fear I am not writing you my usual winters greeting, but in regards to this failing economy. Unfortunately, being in the design industry my fear radar has finally started sounding and I need to make a request of you before I find my self searching Monster.Com for jobs that fit my random skill set. The request is simple, please be on your best behavior and try and stop acting a fool. People are talking about you and as your bud I cant listen anymore to people complaining about you and calling you names. I havent mentioned it so far, because I figure you are much like myself and dont enjoy when people point out that you are being an asshole. However, I think its time to mention that you are -in fact- being an asshole.

The truth is...I dont want to search out a new job, with new co-workers, no more vacation time and no 401K. I dont want to get used to a new office, new rules and new boundaries. I happen to be among the lucky few who LOVE with a capital L-O-V-E their job. But if nothings getting built, there is no need for the Chelster. I understand you cant be all things to all people, which is fine, because I am mostly worried about me in this particular example.

So in closing, please kiss the family and send them my best. I hope I wasnt too harsh, but this is what friends do, they keep us from making a fool of ourselves. And dearest economy you are doing just that. Stop being a dick.

Love Always,

Chels

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home